Ohh, I was not aware we would have a new patch coming in WoW. I was at the impression that they were over and done with until the expansion, which meant a loooong time with nothing new added to the game.
But to my surprise I saw there was a patch coming after all, patch 6.2.3.
Here is some of the things I like about the patch!
New Timewalking Dungeons!
There will be some timewalker dungeons added, which is really nice. I really did like the dungeons in Cataclysm and they will add some of those on the list now.
- End Time
- Grim Batol
- Lost City of Tol’vir
- The Vortex Pinnacle
- Throne of Tides
They will also add
- Magister’s Terrace (Burning Crusade)
- Pit of Saron (Wrath of the Lich King)
- New rare mount: Infinite Timereaver, has been added as a random drop from any Timewalking boss.
I am happy they decided to add two dungeons, that weren’t run that much as the others, some that doesn’t really gets used much when leveling up. And the mount, I think there is a lot of people out there excited for that one!
Item Upgrades and Valor are back!
- Item upgrades are back! Players will be able to earn and spend Valor to upgrade items from Hellfire Citadel, items created from Baleful tokens in Tanaan Jungle, and all Draenor dungeon drops. All the items you’ve already earned are eligible for upgrades retroactively.
- Characters can earn Valor in a number of ways.
- Completing the first random Heroic Dungeon of the day
- Completing Mythic Dungeons
- Completing weekly Bonus Event quests
- Completing a Raid Finder wing for Highmaul, Blackrock Foundry, or Hellfire Citadel for the first time each week.
- To upgrade, visit your friendly neighborhood ethereal in Orgrimmar and Stormwind, or Stormshield and Warspear to upgrade your gear by 5 item levels at a time, up to twice per item, for a total potential boost of 10 item levels.
I like that it’s back even if it’s kind of surprising, it gives me more reason to do the content that is there, like heroics.
Baleful Item Level Boost
- Baleful items now have a chance to create items ranging in quality from item level 655 to 695 in 5-item-level increments, with a progressively lower chance as item level increases.
Gift of the Grove Warden
Soon, players who dare to face the fearsome might of Archimonde will receive an added bonus. Defeating Archimonde on Heroic difficulty or higher will reward players with a mysterious fragment of dark power that begins a quest.
I really love this mount, but our guild does not venture into heroics right now. But hopefully people will start to gear up so we can dare venture into heroic difficulty for this fabulous mount, I love it! It will only be available for a limited time before Legion, but I think it’s doable for us to do!