Day 7 of Blaugust.
So yesterday I mentioned the lack of info on some things when they made the announcement on the new expansion.
But today some new information has come out in a form of an interview IcyVeins did.
One thing that made me glad is that they are doing something about the professions.
- Professions are getting a lot of new stuff. The professions team for Legion is the largest that Blizzard has ever had for WoW, and they clearly heard the feedback that professions were underutilized in Warlords and overlapped with the Garrisons too much.
While this doesn’t mean they will revert it back to the old ways, probably not. But at least they have heard everyone’s cry, that the way it worked in WoD was not that exciting and fun.
I did ask for more class uniqueness, and in one shape of weapons, that wish I got, well sort of. Seems everyone will get a weapon heh but they are also doing things with the classes themselves.
Classes will evolve in a number of ways in Legion. The development team is looking closely at the core fantasy for each class. Talent changes and class changes are being made – stay tuned.
- As an example of class changes, the Survival Hunter ‘spear’ Artifact was brought up. In Legion, Survival Hunters will be a melee spec that utilizes a pet. To differentiate specializations, the developers will try to de-homogenize the classes. Further to this, Beast Mastery Hunters will fight at range with a pet, while Marksmanship Hunters will fight at range with NO PET.
I have been screaming inside because of the lack of uniqueness in the classes, so hopefully they will do something major to the classes this expansion.
Garrisons, read this and feel a sense of happiness.
- Garrisons are staying in Draenor. If you want to go back and visit them, you can! They were always designed as something that you would leave in Draenor. The developers may revisit the system with something bigger, better, and different in the future.
BE GONE PEST. They do say they might revisit, but at least they are also saying that it’s staying in Draenor for the time being. Meaning it wont get stuffed in our face the minute we enter the new expansion, that makes me super happy, maybe I can start to like this expansion one day.
I am not screaming TAKE MY MONEY, but I am pleased that they are making changes.
Source of quotes IcyVeins
I continue on my list of goals for my WoW.
Select a main
- Less Dungeons, more questing
- Engage in pet battle as I see pets.
- Not get flying until it was intended in the expansions.
- Level up to level 100.
- Level up a profession.
- Get my first pet to level 25.
- Apexis daily to gear up.
- LFR to gear up.
- Get the next mount achievement.
- Get Garrison and Shipyard up to speed.
- Explore all maps.
While I have not reached any of them yet, my hunter dinged level 60 yesterday. She is now finally in the Outlands, hurray. I have not gotten flying yet, I can’t remember when they launched flying in TBC, but I am guessing it was at level 70, so as one of my goals was not to get flying until it was originally released, no flying for me yet.
One of my other goals was leveling battle pets as that is something I have never focused on, luckily this weekend is a 200% increase in xp for pet battles. Hope I get time to play this weekend. My pets are now at level 10, so I am slowly getting there.
I hope to get some nice transmog gear in Outlands, so I will do many quests to gather some mail items. I do like the older gear more then the new, the greens often have different looks while leveling in the earlier days. Now you have one set of greens for many levels and THAT is so boring.
I think my first set is going to be red, I found some new red shoes I like so I want to build a set out of those.
Hope I get some new levels today, but I know boyfriend wanted to play some Minecraft this weekend. We want to try some Thaumcraft, a magical mods, with wands, magical beans and cauldrons. That is going to be super fun!
Blaugust, 31 days of blogging:
What is Blaugust? Check it at Bel‘s blog